GCIVFD Meeting Minutes, March 16, 2015

GCIVFD Meeting Minutes, March 16, 2015
Date: March 16, 2015
Time: 4:30pm
Location: Great Cranberry Island Fire Department

Attendance: 10

Tyler Kuester, Chief
Sam Donald, Vice President
Michael Westphal, Treasurer
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Mark Alley
Blair Colby
Michael Macfarlan
Jake Kuester
Karin Whitney
Phil Whitney

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 4:32 pm by Sam Donald.
  2. Review Minutes from 2/17/15
  3. Phil Whitney moves to accept the 2/17/15 meeting minutes as written. Karin Whitney seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Checking Account Balance as of December 2014: $971.37
    Expenses:
    $0
    Income:
    $100.00- Donation
    $250.00- Donation
    Checking account balance as of 3/16/15: $1,013.32
    Savings account balance as of 3/16/15: $12,146.37
    Karin Whitney moves to accept the treasurer’s report. Michael Macfarlan seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  6. Old Business:
  7. a. Budget Update
    Mike Westphal states that he has been approached in regard to a charitable trust for the GCIVFD. He asks Katelyn if she can find out the town’s EIN number and pass it along so work on the trust can move forward.
    b. 501(c)3 Update:
    Sam reports that it is going to be easier to update the articles of incorporation at a regular membership meeting than originally thought.
    Amendments would include directors on file with the state, articles of incorporation and bylaws which can be done at a regular business meeting, when everything is ready to be amended.
    c. Heating Fuel Status:
    Katelyn has spoken to Coastal Energy and received push back from the office in regard to regularity of deliveries.
    d. Thermostat Relocation Status:
    This project fell of the radar for NEH Plumbing & Heating. Katelyn called them and they said that they would make sure to get it done ASAP.
    e. Fan Installation Quote:
    Whitney’s Electric quoted the fire department at $3,800 to perform the work to install two fans in the truck bays at the department.
    Phil Whitney suggests that the department try to undergo an energy audit to see where there are other ways to save money and tighten up the building energy wise.
    Phil will work with the GCI Island Fellow to bring about the energy audit.
    The department discusses installing the fans themselves and having Reggie perform the actual wiring.
    There is also discussion of placing the fans on a thermostat so that they come on when the temperature reaches a certain point.

  8. New Business:
  9. a. Planning for purchasing equipment for 2015.
    Katelyn to try to meet with Tyler, Sam & Tom on 3/23, to discuss needed equipment.
    The department needs more radios.
    Other tools to discuss, pipe wrenches, TruFuel, Mark 3 Wildland pump primer.
    b. Training plan for spring/ summer months.
    i. Field Burning?
    ii. Fire Extinguisher training w/ summer folks.
    iii. Hose training @ dock
    iv. Pump Testing- training prior to work on pump ops.
    vi. Pumps training
    vii. Driver training
    viii. Mark 3 Portable Pump training
    viiii. Pierson’s laying in hose.
    ix. Limited access driveways.
    x. Pre-planning of business’s or difficult to access properties.
    xi. Mock Call training

  10. Other Business
  11. There is discussion in regard to narrow driveways and how to access those narrow driveways.
    It is suggested that Chris White be contacted to discuss his work in getting propane trucks into the narrow driveways.
    Katelyn will work on getting in touch with Chris.
    Mike Westphal will work with Michael Macfarlan to obtain a small four wheeler trailer with a water tank.

  12. Setting of Action Items
  13. a. Katelyn to meet with Tom, Tyler & Sam on 3/23.
    b. Phil to work on energy assessment.
    c. Katelyn to speak with Chris White.
    d. Katelyn to get Mike the TCI EIN, if one exists.

  14. Future Agenda Items
  15. a. Fans
    b. Energy Audit

  16. Next Business Meeting:
  17. Monday, April 13, 2015; 4:30pm

  18. Next training date:
  19. March 30, 2015- Monthly Training.

  20. Adjournment
  21. Tyler Kuester moves to adjourn the meeting at 5:37pm. Mike Westphal seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

Respectfully Submitted,

Katelyn Damon