IVFD Minutes March 11, 2015

Date: March 11, 2015
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: Islesford Fire Station

Attendance: 10
Richard Howland, Chief
Jeremy Alley, Asst. Chief
David Thomas, President
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Rick Alley
Jim Amuso
Melissa Amuso
Nick Hadlock
Joe Parrish
Ted Spurling

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm by David Thomas.
  2. Review Minutes from February 2, 2015:
  3. Richard Howland moves to approve the meeting minutes from February 2, 2015. Rick Alley seconds the motion. Vote; Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. None Given

  6. Old Business
  7. a. Air Compressor Purchase
    Jeremy Alley to work on pricing out a new compressor for the dept.
    b. Propane Update
    Richard Howland to check on the level in the tanks at the end of the meeting.
    c. Recall Update:
    Katelyn has been contacted by Daigle & Houghton and is waiting to find out more information on scheduling a date for the repairs. Daigle & Houghton will travel to the island to complete the work.

  8. New Business:
  9. a. Cistern Presentation
    Katelyn has been working to put together a presentation for town meeting on the cistern.
    She will continue to work with Jason Pickering over the next couple of days to take care of the presentation.
    b. Router Purchase
    Katelyn states that she thinks the issues with the internet stem from the router. The router currently at the fire dept. was donated and is old.
    Katelyn requests that the dept. allow her to purchase a new router ranging in price from $60-$100.
    David Thomas moves to allow Katelyn to spend up to $100 on a new router for the IVFD. Ted Spurling seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  10. Other Business:
  11. a. Richard Howland has been working on ordering chains for the dept.
    Along with chains the dept will also need to purchase plywood or rubber mats for the trucks to sit on.
    b. Joe Parrish is at the meeting and is interested in joining the dept. Richard states that he will have to take an OSHA/ MBOL class in order to join. Katelyn & Richard will work on coordinating this training.

  12. Monthly Agenda Items:
  13. a. Truck Checks; March: Jim & Jeremy
    b. Training
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015
    Fire Suppression Training

  14. Next Meeting Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2015; 5:00pm
  15. Setting of Action Items
  16. a. Jeremy to work on getting pricing for new air compressors.
    b. Richard to work on ordering chains.
    c. Katelyn to work on adding Melissa to the bank account.
    d. Jason Pickering to work with Katelyn on the cistern presentation for town meeting.

  17. Future Agenda Items
  18. a. Cistern
    b. Air Compressor Update
    c. Recall Update

  19. Adjournment
  20. David Thomas moves to adjourn the meeting at 5:25pm. Nick Hadlock seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes

Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon