CIRS Meeting Minutes 9/8/15

Meeting Minutes

Date: September 8, 2015
Time: 16:00
Location: Islesford Volunteer Fire Department
Attendance: 7

Katelyn Damon, Chief + Secretary
Mary Schuch, Assistant Chief
Hugh Smallwood, President
Kelly Sanborn, Vice President
Cory Duggan, Treasurer
Peyton Eggleston
David Rackliff

  1. Call to Order: Katelyn Damon called the meeting to order at 1612.
  2. Review Minutes from August 13, 2015.
  3. Hugh Smallwood moves to accept the minutes from August 13, 2015. Kelly Sanborn seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. August 2015
    Deposit: $5,500
    Balance as of August 2015: $9,787.90

  6. Old Business:
  7. a. EMT Class Update:
    Testing not completed- shooting to finish their tests in September.
    b. Outside lighting update
    Cory Duggan moves to spend up to $500 to purchase two solar powered motion sensor lights for the doors at the IVFD. Peyton Eggleston seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.
    c. IRS Update
    Nothing new to report.

  8. New Business:
  9. a. Pancake Breakfast:
    Construction will begin on main hall of INH around beginning of October. Kitchen will be available but the breakfast will need to take place upstairs.
    Date is Saturday, October 10, 2015 from 5-930am.
    Suggested donation is $7/ person.
    Food will include- the usual: pancakes, bacon, sausage, coffee, OJ. Katelyn will work with Hollie Stanley at the Great Cranberry General to get the food to Islesford.
    b. INHA Donation
    There is discussion in regard to the CIRS donating money to the INHA to help fund a warming shelter. Considerable discussion takes place in regard to this. Kelly Sanborn is asked if the Ladies Aid is used as a warming shelter during power outages on Cranberry- she says that a few people use the space, but not a lot.
    Consensus is reached that the CIRS will not donate to the INHA at this time to help fund a warming shelter.
    c. Public Outreach- HIPPA
    There is discussion about doing some public education in regard to the HIPPA laws and what EMTS can actually say in regard to EMS calls. EMTs are frequently asked to give out patient information from private citizens and this is not allowed.
    Katelyn is asked to make an informative post to the CI Information Page on Facebook.
    d. Call Debrief:
    There is a short call debrief to discuss the events that surrounded a motor vehicle vs. child on Islesford.
    The service agrees that better scene command could have been maintained.
    Another take away was that radio communications were lacking with no one really in charge of giving bench marks. The service will create a radio checklist to follow for future runs.

  10. Other Business:
  11. a. GCI- Ambulance Driver’s on call.
    Kelly would like to speak further with Katelyn in regard to seeing if it would be possible to have a rotating schedule for ambulance drivers on GCI. Katelyn and Kelly agree to talk at a later date.
    b. Samoset
    The annual EMS conference is coming up. Dates have not been announced, but they will be soon. Katelyn will update when she has more information.

  12. Monthly Agenda Items:
  13. a. Training:
    Sept. 8, 2015: 4pm LCI
    Vitals & Glucometer
    b. Next meeting date:
    Thursday, October 15, 2015: 4:30pm.

  14. Setting of Action Items:
  15. a. Katelyn will coordinate the pancake breakfast.
    b. Cory & Peyton will tackle the IRS inquiry.
    c. Hugh & David will order lights
    d. Katelyn will write a policy on how to respond to the RCC via radio.

  16. Future Agenda Items:
  17. Adjournment
  18. Peyton Eggleston makes a motion to adjourn the meeting at 1719. Mary Schuch seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon