IVFD Meeting Minutes 12/09/15

Date: December 09, 2015
Time: 4:45 pm
Truck Checks- Followed by Monthly Meeting.
Location: Islesford Fire Station

Attendance: 09
Richard Howland, Chief
Jeremy Alley, Assistant Chief
Bruce Fernald, Vice President
Melissa Amuso, Treasurer
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Jim Amuso, Captain
Rick Alley
Will Palmer
Jason Pickering

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 1648 pm by Richard Howland.
  2. Review Minutes from November 11, 2015:
  3. Bruce Fernald moves to approve the meeting minutes from November 11, 2015 as written. Jim Amuso seconds the motion. Vote; Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Checking Account balance as of 11/30/15: $18,227
    Some bills still outstanding:
    PVC Piping for cistern
    Reimburse R. Howland for James Amuso’s red helmet.
    The IVFD has spent $7995.000 of private funds on the cistern.

  6. Old Business
  7. a. Air Compressor Purchase
    An air compressor big enough to suit the needs for the IVFD would cost $980 with a $20 delivery fee to NEH.
    Jay Peruzzi estimates that it would cost another $400-$500 to wire the compressor.
    Plus additional funds would be needed for sufficient air fittings and hose.
    $850 was approved from IVFD checking funds in May.
    No decision is made at this time.
    b. Chain Purchase:
    No update; Cory Alley is not present.
    c. Driver Training:
    K. Damon and J. Amuso have completed their driver training. All other EVOC certified members must meet with R. Howland to complete their training ASAP.
    d. Cistern Update:
    Discussion takes place about bringing the roadside to grade next to the cistern.
    It is suggested that the leftover 1” minus be used to create a solid surface for the fire trucks to drive onto.
    PVC vents and dry hydrant are constructed. They need to be mounted on the cistern.
    It is suggested that the piping be painted green in the spring.
    A cover still needs to be constructed for the well.
    There is also discussion in regard to the means by which the water will be drawn from the well. Sump Pump and other ideas are discussed.
    Hose Testing
    e. Nov. 18, 2015- is the date for hose testing.
    f. Turnout Gear Purchase
    Katelyn is putting together an order to include Islesford and Great Cranberry.
    Katelyn suggests that the IVFD purchase a new set of turnouts for Tom Powell who is interior certified.
    Richard Howland makes a motion to spend up to $3,000 on new gear for Tom Powell to be kept at the IVFD. Jeremy Alley seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.
    g. Porta-Tank Purchase
    Tank was purchased. It will be mounted on the Darley pump.
    Jim will get the pump inside the firehouse soon.

  8. New Business:
  9. TCI-FD 5 Year Plan
    Katelyn presents the department with a 5 year plan to be included in the town report, which outlines work to be completed and equipment to be purchased on both Islesford and Great Cranberry over the coming 5 years.

  10. Other Business:
  11. Monthly Agenda Items:
  12. a. Training
    MONDAY, December 28, 2015, 4:00pm-GCIVFD- Response Training- How to respond upon the receipt of an alarm.
    General overview of response procedures- to include: Radio Communications, Apparatus staging, Scene Size-up, hose placement and general initial attack discussion.
    Monday, January 18, 2016- GCIVFD Hose Ops & Pumping
    b. Next Meeting Date:
    January 11, 2016: 4:30 pm GCIVFD
    January 13, 2016: 4:30pm IVFD

  13. Setting of Action Items
  14. Plumb Cistern
    Truck Checks
    Turnout Gear
    EVOC recerts

  15. Future Agenda Items
  16. Adjournment

Richard Howland moves to adjourn the meeting at 5:22 pm. Katelyn Damon seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes

Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon