IVFD Meeting Minutes 1/13/16

Date: January 13, 2016
Time: 4:30 pm
Truck Checks- Followed by Monthly Meeting.
Location: Islesford Fire Station

Attendance: 09
Jeremy Alley, Assistant Chief
David Thomas, President
Melissa Amuso, Treasurer
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Jim Amuso, Captain

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 1701 pm by David Thomas.
  2. Review Minutes from December 09, 2015:
  3. James Amuso moves to approve the meeting minutes from December 09, 2015 as written. Jeremy Alley seconds the motion. Vote; Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Checking Account balance as of 1/13/16: $15,473.30
    David Thomas moves to approve the treasurer’s report as written. James Amuso seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

  6. Old Business:
  7. a. Air Compressor Purchase
    There is a suggestion to speak with Steve Krasnow in regard to an air compressor that he may have for sale.
    Discussion on purchasing set of spare tires/ jack for trucks instead of air compressor.
    b. Chain Purchase:
    No update; Cory Alley is not present.
    Katelyn will speak with Cory Alley.
    c. Driver Training:
    R.Howland will be back on 1/18/16 and can help with EVOC recertification at that time.
    d. Cistern Update:
    Cistern still needs to be plumbed. Should be done when the temperature is about 30 degrees.
    e. Hose Testing-
    No Update
    f. Turnout Gear Purchase
    Katelyn found that she cannot get special sizing in the FireDex gear through The Firestore, but she can get custom sized gear through Lion Brand.
    The Lion Brand gear could be up to $78 more per person.
    Katelyn needs to research the two types of gear Lion Brand offers to see which will best serve the dept.
    Motion made by David Thomas to allow Katelyn to spend up to $78 more per set of turnout gear if she deems it necessary. Jim Amuso seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.
    g. Porta-Tank Purchase
    Porta-Tank has been delivered.

  8. New Business:
  9. Other Business:
  10. a. Generator Wiring
    Power was out prior to the 1/13/16 meeting.
    Assistant Chief, Jeremy Alley, ran a generator at the firehouse to run the furnace.
    He realized that the generator hook-up ONLY runs the furnace. It does not operate any lights at the firehouse. There was also an issue with the plug set up. The generator cord must run out of the firehouse through the bay door, which is not ideal, especially in cold weather as the door must be left up some to accommodate the cord. It also interferes with the truck leaving the bay.
    Katelyn to speak with Jay Peruzzi to get an estimate for moving the generator hookup (where cord plugs in) as well as looking into wiring a few lights that could be turned on with the generator.
    Katelyn will also speak with Denise in regard to left over capital funds that could potentially be used to make this upgrade.
    b. 12’ Step Ladder
    James Amuso suggest that the department invest in a 12’ step ladder to be used to allow for access to the high shelving that has been installed at the firehouse.
    Katelyn to look into costs of a 12’ step ladder.
    c. Parking Lines
    James Amuso also suggests that the department paint lines on the floor of the firehouse to allow for easier parking of the trucks and ambulance.

  11. Monthly Agenda Items:
  12. a. Training
    Monday, January 18, 2016- GCIVFD Hose Ops & Pumping
    SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 06, 2016- IVFD 0830 OSHA! MANDATORY!
    b. Next Meeting Date:
    February 08, 2016: 4:30pm GCIVFD
    February 10, 2016: 4:30pm IVFD

  13. Setting of Action Items
  14. Plumb Cistern
    Turnout Gear
    EVOC re-certs
    Spare Tire/ Jack costs
    Generator Wiring
    Cory Alley- Chains
    Future Agenda Items
    Paint Lines on Floor
    Ladder
    Spare Tires

  15. Adjournment
  16. David Thomas moves to adjourn the meeting at 5:27 pm. Jeremy Alley seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes

Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon