March 3, 2016 (MAC Minutes)

Municipal Advisory Committee Meeting
March 3, 2016
Islesford Library, Islesford

Members present: Cory Duggan (MAC), Joanne Thormann (MAC, Phone), Karin Whitney (MAC, phone), Jasmine Samuel (MAC, Phone), Jim Fortune (TCI), Joy Sprague (BOS, Phone)

-Call to order at 4:01

-Review of Agenda- New Business
• Harbor Ordinance
• Replacements for MAC
• Straw Poll
• No Quorum (yet)
-BOS Report from Tuesday Meeting (Cory) -
• Flood Zone- May updates due by July 20. New Maps are in Town Office- (also available on Town website)Public hearings in April
• Richard Beal on Beal and Bunker- Goodwin bought barge and Capt B- he’s trying to get more trained captains. Jeff Brezinis is 2 weeks out- wants to sell business
• Joy says PO is trying to get in touch with B and B regarding Postal contract. Might put out an RFP- deadline for Joy’s report is 3/30. She was called by USPS to get ASAP. July 1 is new contract date. Survey will be faxed Wednesday (survey on route, how many bags etc. Joy says David said all will be decided at Town Meeting. Price set at 400k (2 boats and landing rights).
• Richard Howland update on new cistern..couple of cap corrections –it IS usable
• Auditor- finished town report and delivered to printer yesterday. Done by the end of the day Friday. Delivered door to door- voters must have 3 days in advance. Recommendations- upload to Town website.
- Quorum now - Minutes from February meeting accepted- Joanne move, Cory second
-MAC Replacements-
• Cory spoke to 6 people or so- no real bites
• Jasmine finish Katelyn’s term

-Harbor Ordinance (Saturday Workshop)-
• Ron and Cory did a quick presentation at workshop
• Reports on other harbor’s ordinances were presented
• Workshop accomplished goals- professional and well facilitated
• Going forward Harbor Committee will be governing body. As far as drafting ordinance, Harbor Committee quite busy with dock extension stuff. MAC will forward ideas to Harbor Committee. Special Town Meeting in May is too soon for hearings on Ordinance. Harbor Committee will have more regularly scheduled meetings.
-Other Business
• Selectman need to decide about USPS contract
• Straw Poll is very important- Ron and Cory will present
• B and B boat survey and books not available
• After straw poll- get newspapers to publish results- Cory will ask Dick Broom from Islander to be present
• Discussion of video conference and Town meetings in the future. People might be reluctant to speak if recorded? However, not new technology for town meetings elsewhere.

- Next Meeting April 7, 4:00 on Islesford

-Meeting adjourned 4:58