GCIVFD Meeting Minutes 4/11/16

Date: April 11, 2016
Time: 4:30 pm
Location: Great Cranberry Island Fire Department

Attendance: 05

Richard Howland, Chief
Tom Powell, President
Mike Westphal, Treasurer
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Mark Alley, Firefighter

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 4:39 pm by Tom Powell.
  2. Review Minutes from 3/14/16
  3. Richard Howland moves to accept the 2/15/16 meeting minutes. Michael Westphal seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Checking Account Balance as of March 14, 2016 $2,573.78 :
    Expenses:
    Income:
    $.018
    Checking account balance as of 4/11/16: $ 2,528.01
    Savings account balance as of 4/11/16: $7899.82
    Total: $10,472.83
    Katelyn Damon moves to accept the treasurer’s report. Mark Alley seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  6. Old Business:
  7. a. 501 (c) 3 Update:
    Katelyn has emailed attorney Dan Pitman in regard to the questions that he posed in order to form the 501(c)3.
    Katelyn is awaiting a response from Mr. Pitman.
    b. GCIVFD Pumper
    No news on the pumper.
    It is asked if there will be progress photos shared with the department.
    Katelyn believes so as E-ONE shared progress photos of the IVFD pumper.
    It is asked if there could be video taken of the truck as well- especially in regard to the final stages of the build before the truck is driven from Florida to Maine.
    Katelyn will look into this.
    c. Dry Hydrant- Tabled until May 2016
    The hydrant should be installed by the end of May.
    d. Turnout Gear Purchase
    Waiting for the gear to ship.
    e. GCIVFD Insulation Update:
    Katelyn has received feedback in regard to the insulation bid notice that was placed in the paper.
    Katelyn is hoping for a few bids in response to the bid request.

  8. New Business:
  9. Other Business
  10. Katelyn has spoken with the Board of Selectmen and Mike Westphal in regard to modifying the far bay the firehouse to accommodate the ambulance.
    Mike is to come up with a conceptual drawing and a rough estimate for the project in May.
    This estimate will be use to gauge the project scope and to make sure that funds are available for the project. Katelyn will then work on putting the project out to bid.
    The firehouse needs other upgrades as well- to include more heat pumps, door replacement, and some SCBA bottle storage.

  11. Setting of Action Items
    501(c)3 follow up
    Dry Hydrant
    Old bay modification plan
  12. Future Agenda Items
  13. Next Business Meeting:
  14. Monday, May 09, 2016- 4:30pm GCIVFD
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016- 4:30pm IVFD

  15. Next Training Date:
  16. WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20, 2016: 4:00pm IVFD- Cistern Training
    MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2016, 4:30pm: GCI- Mock Call

  17. Adjournment

Richard Howland moves to adjourn the meeting at 5:09 pm. Tom Powell seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

Respectfully Submitted,

Katelyn Damon