GCIVFD Meeting Minutes 5/09/16

Date: May 09, 2016
Time: 4:30 pm
Location: Great Cranberry Island Fire Department

Attendance: 07

Richard Howland, Chief
Tom Powell, President
Mike Westphal, Treasurer
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Mark Alley, Firefighter
Ben Sumner, Firefighter
Chris White, Firefighter

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 4:34 pm by Tom Powell.
  2. Minutes from 4/11/16:
  3. Katelyn Damon moves to amend the attendance of the April 11, 2016 meeting minutes to read five, not nine. Michael Westphal seconded the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.
    Richard Howland moves to accept the 4/11/16 meeting minutes as amended. Michael Westphal seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Checking Account Balance as of 4/11/ 2016 $2,528.01 :
    Expenses:
    Truck Gas -$18.38
    Airpack Testing -$1104.20
    Cranberry General -$238.76
    Income:
    $0.10
    Checking account balance as of 5/09/16: $1185.15
    Savings account balance as of 5/09/16: $7900.26
    Total: $9085.41
    Katelyn Damon moves to accept the treasurer’s report. Richard Howland seconded the motion. Vote: Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  6. Old Business:
  7. a. 501 (c) 3 Update:
    Katelyn needs to email the attorney for an update.
    b. GCIVFD Pumper
    No update.
    c. Dry Hydrant-
    Ben Moore has updated that the dry hydrant will be completed by Memorial Day.
    d. Turnout Gear Purchase
    Gear will be shipping this week- May 09, 2016.

  8. New Business:
  9. GCIVFD Truck Bay Insulation Bid Opening
    Katelyn received one bid for the attic insulation work.
    The bid was from Jesse Jameson for $4,165.00 to complete the attic insulation.
    Chris White moves to accept the bid for the Great Cranberry Island Fire Department truck bay attic insulation work from Jesse Jameson in the amount of $4,165.00. Michael Westphal seconded the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.
    The department then discusses asking the BOS to pay the bill for the attic insulation once completed. Katelyn states that she will ask the BOS to cover the bill out of GCIVFD reserve funds.

  10. Other Business
  11. Mike presents a conceptual drawing of swinging doors for the small bay at the GCIVFD.
    The doors will swing out and can be latched to posts with locking hardware so that once opened they will not shut on the person bringing the ambulance out of the bay.
    Because the doors will swing and not roll up- we will need to be diligent about snow removal to allow the doors to fully open.
    The sills of the small bay will also need to be replaced as well as a larger header above the door added.
    The man door into the meeting room also needs to be replaced.
    The department anticipates installing a heat pump in the small bay as well as upgrading other electrical in the building.
    Katelyn and Mike will work on creating a project scope.
    The department would like the project to be finished by Nov. 1, 2016.

  12. Setting of Action Items
  13. Katelyn to submit to the BOS for reimbursement of bills paid by GCIVFD in May.
    Katelyn to reach out to the attorney in regard to 501(c) 3 progress.
    Katelyn to work with Ben Moore on the dry hydrant install.
    Katelyn to call Richard Beal about paying for the GCIVFD insulation work as well as discussing the small bay door project.
    Mike Westphal and Katelyn Damon to come up with specifications for the work door project.
    Future Agenda Items

  14. Next Business Meeting:
  15. Wednesday, May 11, 2016- 4:30pm IVFD
    Wednesday, June 08, 2016- 4:30pm IVFD
    Monday, June 13, 2016- 4:30pm GCIVFD

  16. Next Training Date:
  17. WEDNESDAY, May 25, 2016, 3:00pm, Sutton Island- Wildland Training & Pumps Placement
    There is a brief discussion about borrowing a gator from the Roger family for fire training and transportation of equipment.
    There is also discussion about possibly working with the APSI group in purchasing a fire gator for Sutton Island- one with a portable pump skid unit attached.

  18. Adjournment

Mark Alley moves to adjourn the meeting at 5:12 pm. Richard Howland seconded the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

Respectfully Submitted,

Katelyn Damon