IVFD Meeting Minutes 6/8/16

Date: June 08, 2016
Time: 4:30 pm
Truck Checks- Followed by Monthly Meeting.
Location: Islesford Fire Station

Attendance: 09
Richard Howland, Chief
Jeremy Alley, Assistant Chief
David Thomas, President
Melissa Amuso, Treasurer
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Rick Alley, FF
Will Palmer, FF
Ted Spurling, FF
Mark Fernald

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 1637 by David Thomas.
  2. Review Minutes from May 11, 2016:
  3. Jeremy Alley moves to approve the meeting minutes from May 11, 2016 as written. David Thomas seconded the motion. Vote; Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Checking account balance as of 5/11/16: $14,790.82
    Debits:
    James Amuso- $51.37 Paint for IVFD floors
    James Amuso- $113.00 Meals for CMFAS
    Database System- $47.92
    Hancock County Fire Association Dues-$100
    Katelyn Damon- $70.00 Grass Seed
    Deposits:
    $0.66- Interest
    $210.17- TCI Database Reimbursement
    Checking account balance as of 6/12/16: $14,875.77
    David Thomas moves to approve the treasurer’s report as written. Jeremy Alley
    seconded the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

  6. Old Business
  7. a. Driver Training:
    Will Palmer
    Jason Pickering
    b. Cistern Update
    Some discussion takes place on the gravel pull out area for the fire trucks at the cistern.
    The selectmen gave the go ahead to put in the pull out at their meeting on 6/07/16.
    The department needs to look into grass seed to plant over the gravel pull out to mask the gravel- but still allow the solid surface for the trucks to drive on.
    Katelyn will work on finding a different paint color, more of an evergreen shade than a grass green.
    Katelyn to work with Susie MacNamee on other beautification ideas for the cistern area.
    c. Turnout Gear Purchase
    Gear is here. Strike from agenda.
    d. 501 (c)3 Creation
    At the time of the IVFD meeting Katelyn was still waiting to hear from Dan Pitman.
    Update: The attorney sent the documents required to start the 501(c)3 for review.
    Katelyn forwarded those documents:
    Articles of Incorporation
    By-Laws
    Conflict of Interest Policy
    Unanimous written consent by directors
    e. Accountability Tags
    Katelyn is waiting to hear back from Southwest Harbor Deputy Chief, Jack Martel about how Southwest Harbor handles their tags.
    f. IVFD Well
    No Update
    g. Truck Service Testing June 06-09
    Services testing was moved from June 6-9 to June 13-15 due to the barge cancellation on June 6.

  8. New Business:
  9. Other Business:
  10. a. Darley Pump
    Katelyn to remind Cory Alley about repairing the pump.

  11. Monthly Agenda Items:
  12. a. Training
    MONDAY, June 27, 2016, 4:30pm -GCIVFD- Mock Call/ Dry Hydrant Training
    This training will most likely on consist of dry hydrant training.
    Hard suction line will be brought from Islesford for the training, so as not to have duplicate hard suction once the new truck arrives.
    b. Next meeting date:
    Monday July 11, 2016- 4:30pm GCIVFD
    Wednesday July 13, 2016- 4:30pm IVFD

  13. Setting of Action Items
  14. Driver Training!
    Tanker- Rear Tire Fix
    Darley- New Battery
    Future Agenda Items

  15. Adjournment

David Thomas moves to adjourn the meeting at 1653. Richard Howland seconded the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes
Truck Checks followed meeting.
Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon