CIRS Meeting Minutes 6/09/16

Meeting Minutes

Date: June 09, 2016
Time: 1630
Location: Islesford Fire Department
Attendance: 09

Katelyn Damon, Chief + Secretary
Mary Schuch, Assistant Chief
Hugh Smallwood, Vice President
Cory Duggan, Treasurer (Bode Duggan)
Paul Fernald
Rebecca Powell- Phone (Lewis Powell)
Tom Powell- Phone

  1. Call to Order: Katelyn Damon called the meeting to order at 1638.
  2. Review Minutes from April 18, 2016
  3. Mary Schuch moves to accept the minutes from April 18, 2016. Cory Duggan seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Bank account balance as of April 2016: $9,628.11
    1 Debit: $963.22- KDK Printing for Jackets
    April ending balance: $8,664.89
    Bank account balance as of May 2016: $8,664.89
    1 Debit: $75.00- Journey’s End Marina, Hurricane Island Parking
    May ending balance: $8589.89
    Katelyn Damon moves to approve the treasurer’s report as written. Mary Schuch seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  6. Old Business:
  7. a. Hurricane Island Update:
    Great Training!
    Hugh suggests that Katelyn speak with MDI Hospital and the State in regard to the use of our wildnerness protocols. Katelyn will work on this.
    b. Dock Use Update:
    Katelyn spoke to Mark Neighman and he is going to approach the co-op board about using the winter float at Frank’s dock.
    Hugh to also contact Rob Leary and Harvey Bunker about the use of their dock and moring, respectively.
    There is also discussion about the implementation of a notification system about in regard to whether or not the boat will be available at any given time.
    There is discussion about creating a driver training program for the boat as well.
    c. 501(c)3 Creation
    The group discusses the 501 (c)3.
    Cory Duggan will look into some quick books software to use for the Auxiliary.
    There is discussion about placing all of the CIRS’s current funds immediately into the 501 (c)3 upon its creation.
    d. Jacket Update
    Cory to order a jacket for Margaret.

  8. New Business:
  9. Other Business:
  10. a. Brauner Defibrillator
    Jim Brauner’s defibrillator was left at the town dock shed on Sutton Island for the winter.
    There was a miscommunication in regard to delivery of the AED to Islesford for storage at the IVFD.
    Katelyn has suggested that the service try to split the purchase of the AED with Mr. Brauner.
    Hugh Smallwood suggests that we pay for the entire cost of the AED.
    Cory Duggan makes a motion to expend up to $1, 245 for a new defibrilator for Jim Brauner to store at his house for the summer months on Sutton Island. Mary Schuch seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.
    b. Mass Casualty Training-
    There is discussion about creating a mass casualty training for a Sunday in July.
    The training would incorporate the CIRS/ IVFD/ GCIVFD and possibly the Northeast Harbor Ambulance Service.
    Katelyn will work on developing this.

  11. Monthly Agenda Items:
  12. Training:
    Next Meeting Date:
    Thursday, July 14, 2016: 4:30pm, Islesford

  13. Setting of Action Items:
  14. Katelyn will order the AED.
    Cory will order Margaret a jacket.
    Katelyn will speak with the state/ MDI Hospital about the wilderness protocols.
    Cory will look into quickbooks.
    Katelyn will speak with Marc Neighman about the co-op float.
    Katelyn will work on a Mass Casualty training.

  15. Future Agenda Items
  16. Adjournment

Katelyn Damon makes a motion to adjourn the meeting at 1718. Hugh Smallwood seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon