IVFD Meeting Minutes 10/12/16

Date: October 12, 2016
Time: 4:30 pm
Truck Checks- Followed by Monthly Meeting.
Location: Islesford Fire Station

Attendance: 05
Richard Howland, Chief
David Thomas, President
Melissa Amuso, Treasurer
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Rick Alley, Firefighter

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 1701 by David Thomas.
  2. Review Minutes from September 14, 2016:
  3. Melissa Amuso moves to approve the meeting minutes from September 14, 2016 as written. David Thomas seconded the motion. Vote; Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Checking account balance as of 9/14/16: $10,069.71
    -$43.00 Database Systems
    Checking account balance as of 10/12/16: $10,070.15
    Katelyn states that the IVFD needs to pay $163.33, to Cranberry Fire for our third of the non-profit filing fee. Melissa will do this.
    David Thomas moves to approve the treasurer’s report as given. Katelyn Damon seconded the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

  6. Old Business
  7. a. Driver Training:
    Jason is left to drive. ←--------- !!!!!
    b. Cistern Update
    Jason spread dirt over the pull out.
    Cory has been asked to drive his four-wheeler over the pull out with a drag.
    David Thomas says that it will not take long to rake the area. He will find a time to do it.
    c. 501 (c)3 Creation
    No Update
    d. Accountability Tags
    No Update
    e. IVFD Well
    A location has been found.
    IVFD members took a short field trip behind the firehouse to look at the well location.
    Katelyn to work out the next steps for this project.

  8. New Business:
  9. a. 2017 Budget Planning
    Proposed large budget items for TCI Public Safety includes:
    Cascade air tank refilling station
    Most likely to be housed on GCI. Costs to be split between GCI & LCI.
    Septic System for LCI fire station?
    Sutton island: Gator?
    There is discussion on the Gator. It was added to the budget as it is included in the 5 year plan for the TCI Fire Department’s.
    A vehicle of sorts is necessary on Cranberry to help transport equipment and personnel. David Thomas asks if it is possible to use private equipment that is already in place on Sutton Island.
    Katelyn will look into this as she believes there is a Gator there- but she is not sure what condition it is in. She thinks it may even be possible to help maintain the Gator there for fire department use in an emergency.

  10. Other Business:
  11. Next Business Meeting:
  12. Wednesday, November 9, 2016- 4:30pm IVFD
    Monday, November 14, 2016- 4:30pm GCIVFD
    Next Training Date:
    MONDAY, October 24, 2016, 4:30pm, GCIVFD, DRY HYDRANT TRAINING

  13. Setting of Action Items
  14. Driver Training! JASON! Richard will get Jason to drive.
    David Thomas to coordinate raking the truck pull out.
    Katelyn will work on the next steps for the well.
    Katelyn to continue work on the public safety budget.
    Melissa will write a check to Cranberry Fire for the non-profit filing fee.
    Sutton Island’s portable pumps need to be stored and the AEDs need to be retrieved.

  15. Future Agenda Items
  16. Adjournment
  17. David Thomas moves to adjourn the meeting at 1718. Melissa Amuso seconded the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes
    Truck Checks preceded the meeting.

Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon