IVFD Meeting Minutes 11/09/16

Date: November 9, 2016
Time: 4:30 pm
Truck Checks- Followed by Monthly Meeting.
Location: Islesford Fire Station

Attendance: 08
Richard Howland, Chief
Jeremy Alley, Assistant Chief
David Thomas, President
Bruce Fernald, Vice President
Melissa Amuso, Treasurer
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Jim Amuso, Captain
Rick Alley, Firefighter

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 1631 by David Thomas.
  2. Review Minutes from October 12, 2016:
  3. Bruce Fernald moves to approve the meeting minutes from November 09, 2016 as written. David Thomas seconded the motion. Vote; Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Checking account balance as of 9/14/16: $10,069.71
    Debit:
    -$104.49 Database Systems (Sept & Oct)
    Checking account balance as of November 2016: $9,802.78
    David Thomas moves to approve the treasurer’s report as given. Katelyn Damon seconded the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

  6. Old Business
  7. a. Driver Training:
    Jason is left to drive. ←--------- !!!!!
    b. Cistern Update
    Grass was planted.
    Hostas were set in the dirt around the manhole.
    c. 501 (c)3 Creation
    No Update
    d. Accountability Tags
    There is discussion about accountability tags.
    Katelyn needs to collect information from everyone and set up a day to travel to Mount Desert to make the tags.
    There is also discussion about how the tags will be used.
    There is discussion about placing a dry erase board with the pump operator who will also double as accountability and who will keep track of where everyone is on the fire ground.
    e. IVFD Well
    Katelyn needs to work on developing the well specs.
    There is discussion on the septic and addition of a bathroom to the firehouse.
    This will need to be voted on by voters at the 2017 town meeting.
    The department agrees that it doesn’t make sense to drill a well without prior approval for a septic and way to dispose of water.

  8. New Business:
  9. a. Roads
    Katelyn gives all department members present an updated list of addresses for Islesford and Cranberry.
    b. PPE Inspections
    Katelyn tells everyone that annual PPE inspections need to be done. She will work on coordinating this throughout December.

  10. Other Business:
  11. Next Business Meeting:
  12. Monday, December 12, 2016- 4:30pm GCIVFD
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016- 4:30pm IVFD

  13. Next Training Date:
  14. Monday, November 14, 2016- 3:00pm GCIVFD- Dry Hydrant Training

  15. Setting of Action Items
  16. Driver Training! JASON!
    Katelyn needs to work on the well specs.
    Katelyn will start gathering information for the accountability tags.

  17. Future Agenda Items
  18. Adjournment

David Thomas moves to adjourn the meeting at 1659. Jeremy Alley seconded the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes
Truck Checks followed the meeting.
Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon