Camping Permit Ordinance Enacted March 06, 1978
Camping Permit Ordinance Enacted March 6, 1978
Pursuant to Title 30, Section 2151, MSRS, as amended, The Town of Cranberry Isles, Hancock County, Maine hereby enacts this ordinance entitled “Camping Permits, An Ordinance Of The Town of Cranberry Isles” promoting the public welfare and providing for public safety.
1. For the purpose of the ordinance “camping” shall mean to establish temporary living quarters, with or without shelter and with or without facilities for preparation of food.
2. Any person camping, as an individual or as leader, or representative, of several persons camping at the same site, shall have at the camp site at all times a written permit to so camp from the owner of the land on which the site is located. The permit shall name each person who may camp at the site, shall identify the approximate location of the site, shall state the approximate date and duration for which the permit is issued, shall be dated and shall be signed by the owner of the land.
3. A permit to camp which is issued in compliance with this Ordinance shall in no way be construed as a permit to have any manner of fire. All fires shall be subject to compliance with applicable laws and ordinances.
4. Failure to comply with this Ordinance may result in immediate eviction from the site, or other penalties enforceable under the laws of the State of Maine.
5. Constables of the Town of Cranberry Isles shall have the authority to enforce the Ordinance.