IVFD Minutes April 09, 2014

DRAFT

Date: April 09, 2014
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: Islesford Fire Station
Attendance: 12

Jeremy Alley, Assistant Chief
David Thomas, President
Bruce Fernald, Vice President
Allan McCormick, Treasurer
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Rick Alley
James Amuso
Cote Hadlock
Nick Hadlock
Will Palmer
Jason Pickering
Ted Spurling

  1. Meeting called to order by David Thomas at 5:00pm.
  2. Review Minutes from March 12, 2014. Bruce Fernald moves to accept the meeting minutes from February 12, 2014. David Thomas seconds the motion. Vote; Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

  3. Financial Report:
  4. Checking Account Balance as of March 2014: $23,001.29
    Expenses:
    TV Purchase: $738.95
    Income:
    No Income to Report
    Account Balance as of April 2014 $22,262.34
    Town Reserve as of March 2014: $22,846
    David Thomas moves to accept the financial report as written. Jim Amuso seconds the motion. Vote; Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

  5. Old Business
  6. a. Cistern Update:
    Katelyn does not have much to update on about the cistern. She states that she will try and meet with Ben within the next week.
    Bruce Fernald still needs to speak with Sue MacName.
    There is some discussion about the potential for an above ground cistern that is annexed to the firehouse. The cistern would be enclosed and the heat from the firehouse would keep the tank from freezing.
    The IVFD would most likely need to drill a well in order to replenish the cistern.
    Other discussion items include the potential for grants to beef up the town dock in order to be able to drive onto the dock to access saltwater at certain tides.
    b. Chair/ Table Purchase with CIRS:
    IVFD members are still on the lookout for cheap stacking lawn chairs to purchase for the department. Potential places to look include Reny’s and Home Depot.
    c. Class 9 Update:
    Katelyn is in the process of setting up an online account with the ISO in order to update information with them.

  7. New Business:
  8. a. Emera Electrical Safety Training
    Katelyn brings up the topic for picking a date to do the electrical safety training on Islesford and she tries to discern the amount of interest from the group since the instructors are willing to come out to the island at this time.
    David Thomas states that he will take the class as do others.
    Katelyn proposes an early evening training with the GCIVFD and dinner. Katelyn will work on setting the date.

  9. Monthly Agenda Items
  10. Truck Checks; April: Cote & David

  11. Training
  12. a. Wednesday, April 16, 4pm- Mock Fire Call
    Richard was unable to attend the meeting, but he wanted everyone to know that he has a great mock fire call planned and for everyone at the meeting to plan to attend the training as it will be good practice for the department.
    b. Saturday, April 26, 0830- EVOC Driver Training GCI:
    Katelyn reminds the few IVFD members who do not currently have an EVOC certificate that there will be an EVOC driver training class on GCI on Saturday, April 26. Katelyn will send out a reminder closer to training for those interested in attending.
    c. Wildland Fire Training with ANP: April 23, 0815-1500
    Katelyn will sign the interior guys up for this training and make sure Richard will be attending so that he can take everyone off that morning for class.

  13. Other Business:
  14. Setting of Action Items
  15. Katelyn will work on getting Ben Moore to look into the cistern project.
    Katelyn will continue to work on the class 9 information updating.
    Katelyn will work with Emera to pick a date for training.

  16. Future Agenda Items:
  17. Cistern update
    Class 9 update

  18. Adjournment
  19. Rick Alley moves to adjourn the meeting at 1728. Ted Spurling seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon