IVFD Minutes June 11, 2014


DRAFT
Meeting Minutes

Date: June 11, 2014
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: Islesford Fire Station
Attendance: 11

Richard Howland, Chief
David Thomas, President
Bruce Fernald, Vice President
Allan McCormick, Treasurer
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Rick Alley
James Amuso
Cote Hadlock
Will Palmer
Jason Pickering
Tom Powell

  1. Meeting called to order by David Thomas at 5:02pm.
  2. Review Minutes from May 14, 2014. Bruce Fernald moves to accept the meeting minutes from May 14, 2014. Jeremy Alley seconds the motion. Vote; Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

  3. Financial Report:
  4. Checking Account Balance as of May 2014: $22,067.48
    Expenses:
    Jim Amuso- Training Stipend in Ashland $351.95
    Income:
    TCI Reimbursement: $351.95
    Account Balance as of June 2014 $22,067.48
    Town Reserve: $22,673.88
    David Thomas moves to accept the financial report as written. Cote Hadlock seconds the motion. Vote; Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

  5. Old Business
  6. a. Cistern Update:
    Sue MacName is 95% okay with the idea of installing a cistern on her property.
    There is discussion about placement and logistics of accessing the spot and camouflaging pipes.
    Bruce asks if there is a way to receive a tax abatement for allowing the cistern to be placed on Sue MacName’s property.
    There is also discussion about locating the cistern in the town field behind Bill McGuiness’s house.
    Katelyn is to meet with Goodwin’s to get quotes for groundwork in the gravel pit, at Sue MacNames and in the town field to assess whether there is a more cost effective location.

  7. New Business
  8. a. Pump Testing- June 26, 2014 1pm on GCI
    (Update: Pump testing to take place on Friday, July 11, 2014, 8am.)
    b. 2014 Training Ideas
    wildland
    pumps training
    fire extinguisher
    water shuttle

  9. Monthly Agenda Items:
  10. Truck Checks; June: Katelyn & Nick.
    Training:
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 4pm: Response and Size Up

  11. Other Business:
  12. There is discussion about adding a second propane tank to the firehouse for added fuel storage for the winter months.
    Bruce Fernald suggests trading his older large capacity tank for a pig sized tank.

  13. Setting of Action Items
  14. a. Katelyn will work on getting Goodwin’s to give an estimate for groundwork for the cistern.
    b. Work with ISO to complete online survey.
    c. Pump Testing
    d. Adding a propane tank to the firehouse.
    e. 2014-2015 Training Schedule

  15. Future Agenda Items:
  16. Adjournment

David Thomas moves to adjourn the meeting at 1736. Rick Alley seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.
Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon