IVFD Minutes July 09, 2014

MEETING MINUTES

Date: July 09, 2014
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: Islesford Fire Station

Attendance: 8
David Thomas, President
Bruce Fernald, Vice President
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Rick Alley
Jim Amuso
Nick Hadlock
Will Palmer
Tom Powell

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 5:12pm by David Thomas.
  2. Review Minutes from 06/11/14:
  3. Bruce Fernald moves to approve the meeting minutes from June 11, 2014. Tom Powell seconds the motion. Vote; Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Checking Account Balance as of June 2014: $22,067.48
    Expenses:
    1. Southwest Auto- State Inspections: $892.50
    2. Database Systems Corp: June & July: $98.60
    Income:
    No income to report
    Checking Account Balance as of 07/2014: $21,078.38

  6. Old Business
  7. a. Cistern Update
    Katelyn reports that she has been playing phone tag with Ronald Sanborn, and will eventually connect with him to get him out.
    Katelyn reports that she is waiting on a return call from Ben Moore to get his input on the cisterns.
    There is discussion about ways to insulate the tanks so that they may not have to be dug so deep into the ground as well as to stop the frost from getting to the tanks.
    b. Class 9 Update
    Katelyn reports that she has been able to access the fire chief’s online site and is in the process of reviewing the online survey for a classification upgrade.

  8. New Business:
  9. a. Pump Testing 07/11/14 8 am
    Reminder to department members that we will have pump testing on GCI on 7/11/14. The Neptune barge will pick up the IVFD pumper at the boat ramp at 8am.
    b. Creation of By-Laws
    Katelyn suggests that the department work on developing by-laws, as the original IVFD by-laws cannot be located.
    The GCIVFD by-laws can be used as a template.

  10. Monthly Agenda Items:
  11. a. Truck Checks; Ricky & David
    b. Training
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014: Topic?
    The IVFD opts to cancel training for July.

  12. Other Business:
  13. a. Discussion about contacting the coast guard to set up a formal mutual aid agreement for response to Sutton Island and Bear Island with a fireboat.
    b. There is discussion about doing a hazard assessment of Bear Island as well as budgeting for a portable pump for Bear.
    c. Katelyn tells the department that they have roughly $5,000 at their disposal for capital expenses. Katelyn suggests that this money be spent on upgrading the efficiency of the IVFD. e. David Thomas suggests that the department add an extra propane tank so that they can store more fuel at one time.

  14. Setting of Action Items
  15. a. David Thomas to look into the price of adding a new propane tank for the IVFD.
    b. Katelyn will work on the online application for the ISO.
    c. Katelyn will meet with Ronald Sanborn to disuse the cistern.

  16. Future Agenda Items
  17. Adjournment
  18. Bruce Fernald moves to adjourn the meeting at 5:50pm. David Thomas seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes

Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon