IVFD Minutes September 10, 2014

DRAFT MINUTES

Date: September 10, 2014
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: Islesford Fire Station

Attendance: 08
Richard Howland, Fire Chief
David Thomas, President
Bruce Fernald, Vice President
Katelyn Damon, Secretary
Rick Alley
Jim Amuso
Jason Pickering
Tom Powell

  1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 5:02pm by David Thomas.
  2. Review Minutes from 08/13/14:
  3. Jason Pickering moves to approve the meeting minutes from August 13, 2014. David Thomas seconds the motion. Vote; Yes, unanimous. Motion Passes.

  4. Financial Report:
  5. Checking Account Balance as of August 2014: $22,074.44
    a. Expenses:
    None
    b. Income:
    $312 from Islesford Fair
    Checking Account Balance as of 09/2014: $22,386.44
    Reserve with TCI (before audit) $18,681.70

  6. Old Business
  7. a. Cistern Update
    The group discuses next steps to take in order to be prepared for the March 2015 town meeting, including barging logistics.
    The group discuses how to cut down on barging costs as well as possibly looking into grants.
    b. Propane Update
    David Thomas ordered a tank through Acadia Fuel for $2,211.32.
    $252.20 was saved because the department is going to provide their own concrete padding for the project.
    David Thomas will work on coordinating getting the padding in and the tank delivered.

  8. New Business:
  9. a. Date for Annual Hose Testing
    Bruce Fernald suggests picking a breezy day and making calls that morning to complete the testing.
    Katelyn will work with Richard to find a date.
    b. Date for CPR course
    Richard and Katelyn are working on completing a training schedule for the coming year, which will incorporate a CPR course.

  10. Other Business:
  11. Bruce Fernald is to keep a conversation going with Sue McNamee about her well and the cistern system.

  12. Monthly Agenda Items:
  13. a. Truck Checks; Allan & Jeremy
    b. Training
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014
    Training is moved to September 16, 2014. The group opts to do their hose testing that day.
    c. Next Meeting Date: October 08, 2014

  14. Setting of Action Items
  15. Katelyn will work on gathering information on the cistern system.
    David Thomas will work on getting the new propane tank installed.
    Richard and Katelyn will work on creating a training schedule.

  16. Future Agenda Items
  17. Cistern Update
    Propane Update

  18. Adjournment
  19. David Thomas moves to adjourn the meeting at 5:27pm. Ricky Alley seconds the motion. Vote: Yes, Unanimous. Motion Passes.

Respectfully Submitted,
Katelyn Damon