SPECIAL TOWN MEETING 2015
SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
OCTOBER 24, 2015
State of Maine, County of Hancock, §
To: A Constable of the Town Of Cranberry Isles, in said County
In the name of the State of Maine you are hereby required to notify and warn the inhabitants of the Town Of Cranberry Isles, qualified to vote in Town affairs, to meet at the Cranberry Island Congregational Church, in said Town, on the 24th day (Fourth Saturday) of October AD 2015 at 9:00 A.M. to act on the following articles, to wit:
1. To elect by ballot a moderator to preside at said meeting.
2. To see if the voters of the Town of Cranberry Isles will approve use of the Maine Municipal Association’s recommended Maine Moderator’s Manual “Rules of Procedures” for the conduct of this Town Meeting.
3. To see if the voters of the Town of Cranberry Isles will approve opening the floor of this Town Meeting to all non-registered citizens for the purpose of discussion only on each of the following articles of this 2015 Warrant.
4. To see if the voters of the Town of Cranberry Isles will authorize the Municipal Officers to negotiate with individuals or entities as they may deem necessary to appropriate or secure ferry transportation service from Northeast Harbor and Southwest Harbor to Great Cranberry Island, Little Cranberry Island, and Sutton Island, provided that the product of said negotiations, if any, shall be subject to final approval of the voters of the Town of Cranberry Isles pursuant to a subsequent warrant article.
5. To see if the voters of the Town of Cranberry Isles will authorize the Municipal Officers to borrow funds in the original principal amount of up to forty thousand dollars ($40,000.00) for the purpose of hiring a consultant to assist in the development of a plan for long-term ferry service for Great Cranberry, Little Cranberry and Sutton Island, and to further authorize the Selectmen to do any and all things necessary to award and enter into necessary contracts on behalf of the Town; expend the borrowed funds; and all other things reasonably necessary to accomplish the purpose of this Article.
Note: The Transportation Task Force has been working with a water transportation consultant to develop a long-term plan for ferry transportation services for the Town of Cranberry Isles. Passage of this article will allow the Town to continue using these services to further develop a water transportation plan and to provide additional funds as may be needed for developing the Long Term Ferry Service Plan, Town ordinance on passenger ferry use of the Town docks, negotiating Town of Mount Desert for landing rights, potential interim Short Term Ferry Service Plan, submitting grants for subsidies, etc. We will need the services of our water transportation consultant, Charles Norris and the town attorney.
Given under our hand and Town seal this 6th day of October, 2015.
Richard F. Beal, Chairman
Florence Joy Sprague
Malcolm F. Fernald
Attest: I, Denise McCormick, Clerk of the Town of Cranberry Isles, Maine do hereby attest and certify this document to be a true copy of the Special Town Meeting Warrant 2015 to be placed before the voters of the Town of Cranberry Isles on 24 October 2015.