SPECIAL TOWN MEETING- AUGUST 24, 2010
TOWN OF CRANBERRY ISLES
SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
AUGUST 24, 2010
STATE OF MAINE COUNTY OF HANCOCK
TO: A Constable of the Town Of Cranberry Isles, in said County
In the name of the State of Maine, you are hereby required to notify and warn the inhabitants of the Town Of Cranberry Isles, qualified to vote in town affairs, to meet at the Islesford Neighborhood House, in said town, on the 24th day of August 2010 at 4:00 PM, to act on the following articles, to wit:
1. To elect by ballot a Moderator to preside at said meeting.
2. To see if the voters of the Town Of Cranberry Isles will approve use of the Maine Municipal Association’s recommended Maine Moderator’s Manual “Rules of Procedures” for the conduct of this Town Meeting.
3. To see if the voters of the Town Of Cranberry Isles will approve opening the floor of this Special Town Meeting to all non-registered persons for the purpose of discussion only on each of the following articles of this Special Town Meeting Warrant.
4. To elect by ballot a Selectman to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Daniel Lief for a term to expire March 14th, 2011.
5. Shall the Town Of Cranberry Isles March 2010 Comprehensive Plan be enacted?
6. To see if the voters of the Town Of Cranberry Isles will vote to accept a transfer of the Emma F. Spurling Cemetery Trust Fund from Bar Harbor Bank & Trust Company to the
Town of Cranberry Isles for administration as a separate cemetery trust account, should this action be approved by the Hancock County Judge of Probate.
(This proposed transfer has already been approved by the State of Maine Attorney General.)
7. To see if the voters of the Town Of Cranberry Isles will vote to re-allocate up to $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) of designated 2010 budget expenses for Fire Department Zones 1 and 2 to fund a one-year Emergency Response Corps position.
Given under our hand and Town Seal this 16th day of August, 2010.
The Municipal Officers of the Town Of Cranberry Isles:
Richard F. Beal, Chairman Sally A.B. Rowan
Attest: I, Denise McCormick, Clerk of the Town Of Cranberry Isles, Maine do hereby attest and certify this document to be a true copy of the Warrant for the Special Town Meeting to be placed before the voters of the Town of Cranberry Isles on August 24, 2010.
Denise J. McCormick